Sunday, December 7, 2008

Long drought may soon be over!

If there's even the slightest chance that someone is reading this, don't worry, this blog will soon be coming back to life (within the next week).

For the past several months, I've had equipment....er...issues (we'll just call them issues) and not much time on my hands. Now that my work schedule has finely gotten onto some sort of normal routine, I can finely get back to my dubious baking adventures.

I'm waiting on a new digital camera to arrive, but I'm not sure it'll get here in time to take pictures of my Fruitcake making process, which I will be doing tomorrow. I'll be sure to take pictures of the finished cakes (which are delicious and so much better than any store bought fruitcake!). I'm hoping at the end of the week to make a Black Forest Cake for Capital Tea (complete with my own brandied cherries). Also in the works is a Hazelnut Shortbread, made from a basic all purpose shortbread recipe that can be flavored and garnished with just about anything, but I really like nut varieties for this. So stay tuned!

1 comment:

ivorybow said...

After years of abandoning cake baking here in Denver, I am about to try again with the 1234 cake. I hope you come back to posting. I need all the help I can get. Thank you for this adjusted recipe.